[Advaita-l] shUnyakA

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 22:44:30 CST 2007

Some thoughts that crossed my mind, wanted
to share just in case there is some truth
in it .....

               || om ||

I have been seeing recent and past postings
in this list where divine vidyA-s from
various upanishads are skillfully reduced
to nothingness -- very element related to
practical utility of the vidyA is thrown
out, apparently in the name of paramArtha.
That set me thinking, is this not reducing
every vidyA to shUnya actually an activity
of bhanDAsura whose capital is called
shUnyakA. bhanDa - joke, jest
In the name of negating vyAvahAra, apparently
to prove mithyA, are we making a BIG JOKE
of all the vidyA-s expounded in the upanishads.
Are we sure, we are not becoming representatives
of bhanDAsura.

If this is indeed what bhanDAsura's activities
were - reducing vidyA-s skillfully to shUnya,
I can see why the rise of shrI vidyA was needed
to counter bhanDAsura, his army and his
capital city shUnyakA.

               || hari om ||