[Advaita-l] mithyA

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 07:07:51 CST 2007

Respected Sadananda-ji,

Thanks for your response.

The post I sent was in the context of a discussion with someone on the
issue of the reality of the world. To keep things simple, I avoided
any discussion of the "subjective" side (seer, Atman, etc).

Regarding the statement "there can be no satya without mithyA", let me
clarify. I meant it in the sense that all *talk* about satya can be
only within the  mithyA realm. There would have been no *conception*
of satya in the absence of mithyA, as all philosophizing is in the
mithyA jagat. Even the Sruti is in the mithyA jagat.

The notion of independence is dependent on the notion of dependence!

dhanyavAdaH
Ramesh