[Advaita-l] pramANas for Advaita: which work defined them first ?

Raghavendra Hebbalalu hs_raghavendra at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 23:52:31 CDT 2007

namaste kathirasan-mahodaya,

Thank you for the reply.

I had heard of this work before and thought that this would be one of those where pramANas would be discussed.

Now I have a follow up question.

Is that the first work where the pramANas were formulated like this? Is there any old (er) work which relates these terms to shAnkara-bhAShyas and shows that these pramANas are the only ones used and none else?

dhanyavAdAH,
-rAghavendraH