[Advaita-l] FW: Kingpin status of anubhava - mistaken or out ofcontext (was re:

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 22:03:05 CDT 2007

--- Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mr. S. Chandrasekharan, who is not a member of
> the list, but reads its
> archives regularly, sent me the following, to be
> forwarded to the list.
>
> Regards,
> Vidyasankar

> > >could not have been published in 1881, as the
> Digital library claims.
> > >SSS was (if I recollect right) 95 years old when
> he passed away in
> > >1975. So in 1881, he should have been 1 year old,
> or so !!!
> > >

> >Just to hazard a couple of guesses -
> >
> >a) posthumous publication in 1981 and 1881 is a
> typo, or
> >
> >b) the number 1881 is a reference to the Indian
> standard Saka era, which
> >zeroes in 78 AD, which would make 1881 correspond
> to the year 1959.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Vidyasankar
>
> FYI,
>
>     Your guess is perfect. The first edition came
> out in 1959. Pls. see page
> 6 in PTIFF reader.
>
> Regards
> Chandrasekaran

I am sorry, I don't understand this.
It says the first edition came out in 1996. The talks
wers conducted by Swamiji in 1966 in Davanagere, he
wrote his book in Kannada after the series of 21
talks. The translator Mr.D.B.Gangolli translated and
published this in English in 1996 for the first time.

The earlier reference to this book said it was
authored by Swami Satchidanandendra Saraswati Swamiji,
It is important to note that it was translated to
English by a translator, the choice of quoted words
are not Swamiji's.

Thanks to Sri Shyam Subramanian for pointing to the
electronic version of the book.

Regards,
Savithri