[Advaita-l] Creation ex nihilo (was Re: Advaita vEdAnta - Unit (27))

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 23:16:40 CDT 2007

--- Krishnamurthy Ramakrishna <puttakrishna at verizon.net> wrote:

> Dear Sri Kartik,
>
> You wrote
>
> " To recap what you said before in Unit 25:
>
>   abhAvarUpa aGYAna (Cause) --> bhAvarUpa adhyAsa (Effect)
>

> The above is glaringly defective, because it essentially says:....
> "
>
> My Response:
>
> I DO NOT THINK SO!!!

I CHALLENGE you to find me ONE instance of ANY advaita VedAnta
AchArya who has maintained any one of the following:

1)  abhAvarUpa (Cause) --> bhAvarUpa (Effect)

2)  abhAva (Cause) --> bhAva (Effect)

3)  asat (Cause) --> sat (Effect)

All of the above are variations on the theme of "Creation ex nihilo",
and are simply NOT ACCEPTED BY ADVAITINS.

Regards,
Kartik