SSS and Madhva (was Re: [Advaita-l] Review ofMarthaDoherty'scomments on Sri Satchidanandendra Sarasvati)

Stig Lundgren slu at bredband.net
Thu Mar 1 22:19:01 CST 2007

Dear Amuthan,

You wrote:

> but what spoils the show is that followers of
> SSS talk very nicely about being open and all that while at the same
> time maintaining stubbornly that 'only' SSS's view is the 'shudda
> sha~Nkara prakriyA' (whatever that means) and that every other view is
> wrong.
[...]
> followers of SSS from their typical and stubborn
> 'only-what-i-say-is-correct' attitude and engage them in a honest and
> open debate.

Please don´t ascribe to me the view that "every other view is wrong" or that
"only-what-i-say-is correct". I do not personally subscribe to this outlook,
regardless if any other followers of SSS happen to do that or not. It is my
honest conviction that moksha is possible not only for followers of SSS, but
also for followers of Bhamati, Vivarana and other advaitic interpretations
within the sampradaya. If moksha was possible only from the very teachings
of Gaudapada, Shankara, Sureshvara and SSS, then there wouldn´t have been
any jivanmuktas between the years (approximately) 1000 and ~1950, and this
is obviously not the case.

Warmest regards
Stig Lundgren