SSS and Madhva (was Re: [Advaita-l] Review of MarthaDoherty'scomments on Sri Satchidanandendra Sarasvati)

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:59:20 CST 2007

On 2/28/07, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:

> My 2 cents.  I don't think I buy all of Swami Sacchidanandendras' critique
> but it does not strike me as being outside the realm of Advaita tradition
> and the efforts to portray him as outside the sampradaya seem a bit
> strained.  But if people are using that critique to avoid the later
> Vedantins that's a grave mistake.  Advaita Vedanta developed the way it
> did for good reasons.

That is precisely the reason SSS *himself* gives to discard Padmapadas
work - that it does not belong to the *shankara sampradaya*.
*shuddha-shaankara* is a common term in many of their publications.

I have my opinions on this, and I haven't seen anyone give any proper
reasons to change it. In any case, I'll take your advice, and there
will be no more posts from me regarding the sampradaayic validity or
otherwise of SSS's doctrines.

Rama