[Advaita-l] Brief speech in Sanskrit

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 07:15:46 CDT 2007

>Also please let me know, how to prepare a Brief speech in Sanskrit.
>Say a brief on Sri Sankara.
>
>My approach is
>First prepare in region language and convert into Sanskrit.

That would certainly work better than trying to go directly from English to
Sanskrit. For one thing, the vocabulary would be 80-90% there and you can
spend your effort better in getting the cases and tenses right in Sanskrit.
Another advantage would be that the syntax and word order will also be
almost the same, unlike in English.

Personally, I think the biggest obstacle to overcome is to let go of one's
inhibitions in trying to speak. The sentences need not be too long and it is
okay to make mistakes; they will serve as a good learning experience.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar