[Advaita-l] Item to Post: Atma Vilasam

RAMESH RAMANAN rameshramanan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 00:11:20 CDT 2007

Dear Sri Amuthan and all other Tamil members of the Advaita Vedanta list,

  I came to learn that the gnanananda niketan (Sri Gnanananda Taapovanam) is publishing a Sanskrit Text-cum-Tamil translation of Atma Vidya Vilasam of Sri Sadashiva Brahmendra Saraswati Swamigal. The website address is: http://www.gnanananda-niketan.org/ and the email address is: gniketan_info at yahoo.com

  The Postal Address is:
  Sri Gnanananda Niketan, Tapovanam, P.O. 605 756,Villupuram, R.P. District, Tamil Nadu, Phone: 00-91-4153-24938

  But I have sent countless emails to this address and also contacted Swami Nityananda Giri (I think that he is the head of the Tapovanam at present- His email addresses: nityagiri70 at hotmail.com, gnananiketan at sancharnet.in) through Email some six months ago. If somebody could personally visit the place, we may be able to get a copy from the centre, instead of waiting for replies to emails.  I am also interested in receiving a copy of the same and I would gratefully accept any help from anybody in the list to obtain a copy of this book.  With warm regards, Ramesh Ramanan.

Amuthan <aparyap at gmail.com> wrote:
  namo nArAyaNAya!

dear SrIrAm,
getting AtmavidyAvilAsa isn't an easy task (interpreted any way!). i
finally managed to get a copy, thanks to one our list members SrI
Sankara nArAyaNan. i made a .pdf version of it for personal use. i'll
probably mail it to SrI jaldhar so that he can upload it in the
advaita list homepage.

the work is one of the finest i've come across when it comes to
explaining how an Atmaj~nAni lives. it is indeed a great delight to
read it. it is a must read for anyone who wants to know what it means
to be 'free' in the advaitik sense of the term. no wonder all the
recent SR~Ngeri AcAryAs had it for their nitya-pArAyaNam.

vAsudevaH sarvaM,
aparyAptAmRtaH.

On 7/26/07, sriram cheruvu wrote:
> Hello,
> CAN you please post in the news group, if anyone has
> PDF of Aatma Vilasam by Sadasiva Brahmam/Bramendra
>
> Thank YOu
> Ram

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org