[Advaita-l] New member introduction: C.N.S. Adishesha

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Jul 24 16:39:08 CDT 2007

I am 48 years old and presently working as manager in
Canara Bank in India.

About 25 years back I developed interest in vedanta ,
more particularly in advaita school as my family
traditionally belong to this school.

As my job is transferable, I could not get initiated
into formal study of philosophy as traditional people
do in India. However I could able to get all the
original works of Adishankara and on my own I am
studying them. I am more interested in studying works
on Upanishads, rather than Brahmasutras. I am not much
interested in reading post Shankara advaita works
except a few, namely the works of Sureshwara, known as
direct disciple of Adishankara and works of Sri
Sattchidanandendra Saraswathi.

I would like to join this group as this appears to be
helpful to me in enriching my knowledge.