Raman Maharshi (was Re: RES: [Advaita-l] Newmemberintroduction:AsadMustafa Rizvi)

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Wed Jan 31 09:31:36 CST 2007

this is news to me that advaita is pure jnana marga...to say that Ramana
taught only advaita is again a play of words
Ramana wanted atma vicara.as much as it meant 'self' enquiry...he wanted
awakening and no search was
requistioned to perform this awakening.advaita has a goal to realise whereas
Ramana felt that there was no goal since seeker and sought where mere
relatives that melted away when reality confronted them.in fact Ramana used
to say that the trinity of object, beholder and time seem to hang on
something and that when searched for seems to come to naught is where in
principle Ramana's truth differs from the objective of advaita. Chapter 13
verse 30 of the gita avers to the concept of oneness as one from the many
and the many to the one...for the Maharishi there was no passage or journey
for the universe or the unitary were together plays of one's mind force. and
through the source of one's 'I'ness the Bhagwan felt that all relative would
convert to reality.
what Adi talked was in the context of atman, and that all atman was
embodiment of the Supramental Being  and in a way espoused a unity in
diversity, whereas Ramana said that the truth if searched for gave no cause
for diversity and there being no diversity there was no need to conjure an
unity!
Amanasya is salvation!