[Advaita-l] RE: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 45, Issue 23

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 07:01:24 CST 2007

Adopting any particular ashrama is by one's own choice.  The choice is
within the confines of entitlement.  I do not disagree that there are
traditions that allow sanyasa irrespective of varna and sex.  Such options
are more political rather than religious.  The orthodox religious practices
had their own reason.  I believe that Guna of each varna also plays in the
entitlement.  The uinorthodox need no reason and if needed they can make up
one.

History is replete with exceptions.  However exceptions prove the opposite.

With Narayanasmrithi,
Anbu