[Advaita-l] ADMIN: Discussion on Sufism/Islam and Vedanta

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 28 16:38:17 CST 2007

I want to sound a general cautionary note about some of the digressions on
the posts relating to Sufism and Islam.

1. It is difficult to separate out personal opinion from historical fact, so
please be careful what you write about historical figures.

2. It is not the purpose of this list to get into comparisons of various
religions in an academic or political sense. To the extent that we find
similarities or parallels in different traditions/religions, it is fine, but
that is ultimately incidental to the reason we have this mailing list.

3. Please do not indulge in any form of personal attacks. The discussions
have not yet gone to that stage, but they have potential to degenerate, so
this is an early warning, if you will.

Regards,
Vidyasankar