RES: [Advaita-l] New member introduction: Asad Mustafa Rizvi

Amuthan aparyap at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 09:17:09 CST 2007

namo nArAyaNAya!

On 1/25/07, asad mustafa <asad.mustafa_at_yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>   AFAIK, neither are non-dualist teachings of Ramana Maharishi considered mainstream hinduism. And if I am not mistaken, they are considered heresy by followers of Vishnu god.

saying that the teachings of bhagavAn ramaNa maharShi are considered
heretical by mainstream hinduism is factually incorrect and is only
indicative of a gross ignorance of hinduism. the fraction of those
within mainstream hinduism who don't accept the authority of bhagavAn
ramaNa maharShi is very small, very very small. even those who don't
accept his authority respect him as a great saint for his
renunciation, self-control etc.  the point is that the fraction of
muslims who accept sufism as correct is very small compared to the
fraction of hindus who accept bhagavAn ramaNa maharShi as an
authority.

vAsudevaH sarvaM,
aparyAptAmRtaH.