RES: [Advaita-l] New member introduction: Asad Mustafa Rizvi

asad mustafa asad.mustafa at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 25 08:20:38 CST 2007

Abhilash Shastry <abhilash.shastry at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
AKAIK, Sufism is considered heretical by mainstream Islam. Isn't it?

--Abhilash

  ===

  In the name of God, most gracious most merciful.

  AFAIK, neither are non-dualist teachings of Ramana Maharishi considered mainstream hinduism. And if I am not mistaken, they are considered heresy by followers of Vishnu god.

  There is no end to human arrogance about complete understanding of God's mysetries. As Rumi puts it, "She allowed me a glimpse while re-arranging her veil. My vanity made me think that she was now exclusively mine."

  Jazakallah
  Asad Mustafa Rizvi