[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

K Kathirasan NCS kkathir at ncs.com.sg
Wed Feb 21 00:47:44 CST 2007

Namaste

It seems that SSS was not alone in his contention that Vasana Kshaya is
alien to Shankara's teachings. Swami Dayananda of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam,
who happens to be a teacher not associated with SSS, also maintains the
same view. One may find his views in his Biography 'Swami Dayananda: A
Traditional Teacher of Brahmavidya'.

Or take a look at this page:
http://www.shiningworld.com/Books%20Pages/HTML%20Books/What%20is%20Adwai
ta%20Vedanta.htm where the author presents the gist of Swami Dayananda's
views on Vasana Kshaya.

So it may not be right to say that SSS alone had such a view.

Warmest Regards,
Kathirasan K