[Advaita-l] BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 5 (Other References)

jagannathan mahadevan jagannathan.mahadevan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 22:21:50 CST 2007

Kartik,

How about commenting on the rest of my post?? You cut out everything
in between the first and the last sentence:)

Any experience produces knowledge. Is it not? Why is the teaching
tradition counterintuitive? In the sense why is it that only in
advaitic experience the knowledge is not permanent and any other
experience it is?

Please read the quote below. I got the quote below from
"jagadgurus.org." It is supposed to be from Chandrasekhara Bharati
Swamigal.

"It is impossible to convey a correct idea of what Advaita is, for it
is neither a matter for words nor is it a mental concept. It is, on
the other hand, pure experience which transcends all these. Suppose I
do not know what sweetness is. Can you describe the sweetness in words
sufficiently expressive to convey an idea of sweetness? Similarly, it
is impossible to teach Advaita, for Advaita is beyond the grasp of the
mind and the senses. Advaita cannot be learnt. It has to be directly
experienced. The bliss of Brahman (i.e., God) is the biggest of all
joys. It is beyond the experience of all worlds."

Jagan.