[Advaita-l] Concept of soul

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 00:01:11 CDT 2007

Pranams Ramesh-ji:

This merger/demerger goes against the "traditional" understanding of
"rebirth". By "traditional" understanding, I mean that when the subtle body
has exhausted its prarabdha vasana in one gross body, it sheds it and then
assumes a new one. With merger/demerger, the same gross body is switching
subtle bodies dynamically! It is like saying that when I am in one room
(cell in my body), I am Mahesh but when I go to another room (cell in
culture), I become Ramesh. That seems to be violating the basic concept of
"rebirth".

Thanks, Mahesh