[Advaita-l] Concept of soul

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 07:39:28 CDT 2007

Pranams Murali-ji:

I am sorry, sir but I think you contradict yourself:

U say:
>> (4) b.      The soul is a result of life. i.e sufficiently complex
adaptive systems
>> can interact and behave to create the existence of an entity that has a
>> distinct but dependent existence on the components that create it. In
this
>> model, the sould ceases to exist when the body does.

And also:
>> Given the above issues, the notion of a synthetic life inherently does
>> nothing to the theory of the existence or non-existence of the soul

If the (maybe disputable) claim of the scientists bears fruit and that
they are able to create synthetic life which mirrors organic life (i.e.
build some kind of rudimentary cell), they they have would have established
4(b). And that demolishes the second view that synthetic life has nothing to
do with the soul!

Thanks, Mahesh