[Advaita-l] Concept of soul

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 12:14:05 CDT 2007

This complicates matters considerably! Some problems:

1. What happens when a jiva soul leaves the body? How do the "cell souls"
"know" that they have to leave too? Are these "cell souls" reborn?
2. How is a "cell soul" different from the jiva soul? Specifically, does it
take birth in the same manner as a jiva soul i.e. when a subtle body enters
it? Whose body is it?
3. Lastly, though I am not an erudite scholar, I have not heard this concept
of "cell souls". Do u have a reference to literature that says this?

Sadananda-ji concept was a little simpler and if you believe in Occam razor,
it is the easier to go by. But it has its own problems which I touched on in
my last mail.

Thanks (this thread seems never ending doesn't it :-) ), Mahesh

PS> Your ideas sound a lot like the monads of Leibniz. There is a queen
monad (jiva soul) that governs the remaning monads (cell souls). Was the
parallel accidental?