[Advaita-l] Concept of soul

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 05:46:47 CDT 2007

Namaste,

I am copying below segments of two posts that I
feel comprehensively answer this and related
questions.

from sadanandji's post:
"The point is the life pulsates or enlivens wherever
and whenever the uppadhis or equipments are conducive
to express that all pervading light of consciousness."

from ravisankarji's post:
"I may be totally wrong, but I believe that a
soul/jiva can be made to identify itself with any
material body and suffer based on its karma.

So if God ordains that jIvA has to cling on whatever
these scientists create and suffer, then it will have
a soul - otherwise it will not."

My comments:
With this view point, there will be no contradictions
to resolve even if a human being is produced from
scratch.

However what equipments (bodies) we create will
determine the subset of "souls - out there" who can
animate these equipments.
("out there" refers to state of souls when they are
ready to be attached to a body)

It may very well be that after centuries of efforts we
may realize that after all the best equipments are
created by union of male and female.

Regards,
Shrinivas