[Advaita-l] Concept of soul

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:52:01 CDT 2007

Pranams!

Ok. That is a viable theory. But consider consider its consequences -

If you believe in the evolutionary theory, then the first "living" organism
was a prokaryote cell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_(biology) This
includes organisms like bacteria & archaea. Scientists believe that it was
most likely that a phagocyte engulfed a prokaryote cell, resulting in the
creation of eukaryote cells. Our body parts are composed largely of
eukaryote cells. (This para is to the best of my understanding)

Now my question to you is - both prokaryote and eukaryote cells are living
entities. Our body contains millions of cells of both categories. Now
according to your theory, the enlivining force of all living entities are
subtle bodies. Does that mean that I, as a human being, am host to other
subtle bodies too? That doesn't sound right. Or do subtle bodies somehow
differentiate between the two aforementioned "living" cells and hence we
can say bacteria have subtle bodies but skin cells don't?

Thanks, Mahesh