[Advaita-l] Some rebellious remarks on Sri SSS

savithri devaraj savithri_devaraj at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 07:52:25 CDT 2007

--- Ravisankar Mayavaram <abhayambika at gmail.com>
wrote:

> * I do not find section 6 offensive or unprintable
> and not even the
> line  "Indeed none of his works are about the
> philosophy of advaita,
> but are oriented almost exclusively towards
> contradicting previous
> commentators of Sankaracarya."  or the assertion
> "that he is a
> textual analyst and not a philosopher".  It is a
> view of the author,
> you are welcome contradict it factually by quoting
> passages  from the
> works of SSS . If I am not mistaken, even though
> this is part of the
> paper, it was not intended by Rama to be discussed
> online ==> which
> means you can reply, he may or may not respond.

Namaste Ravi,

This is totally unfair. Why allow some guesswork and
hearsay to be published on the list, and say it is out
of bounds for list discussion? Yes, the quoted
sentences are conjecture and opinion on the part of
the author! Seems like the moderators of the list
endorse such baseless opinions.
It would seem best to get rid of sections that are
out-of-bounds for discussion from the paper..Isn't it?

Regards,
Savithri