[Advaita-l] Re: samAdhi -Universe merging into brAhmaN of shruti- is not an Experience

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 00:26:12 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 9/21/06, Raghavarao Kaluri <raghavakaluri at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Namaste dear all.
>
> >From your post, it appears that you are out
> >to "disprove" the doctrine
> >of "tameva vidvAnamR^ita iha bhavati" of the vedas.
>
> Thanking for the comments, may I convey that
> disproving is not the intention at all.
>
> The Supreme Being that is referred to in the above
> shloka referred by Abhishek ji is the brahman that is
> referred in the original post.
> For reference of the shloka referred by Abhishek ji-
> http://www.stephen-knapp.com/purusha_sukta.htm
> http://www.ramanuja.org/purusha/sukta-5.html

I am not disputing that. But I don't see the point of your trying to show
j~nAna (or did you mean mokSha?) is available by "samAdhi" as this directly
contradicts the "One becomes immortal by *knowing* Him alone" of the vedas.
samAdhi is an action and all actions have nothing whatsoever to do with
j~nAna which of the nature of knowledge.

Regards,
Abhishek
--
tasmAttvamuttiShTha yasho labhasva
jitvA shatrUn bhu~NkShva rAjyaM samR^iddham|