[Advaita-l] Re: Pa~nchapAdikAchArya

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:44:12 CDT 2006

Namaste,

Apart from "criticising" his older counterparts for going against the
shA~Nkara sampradAya (I am not sure historically he has been the only
one to do so), Sri Sacchidanandendra Sarasvati has started a strong
tradition of studying vedAnta texts among many people. His influence
has caused many to become students of vedAnta in bhArata and rest of
the world. Of course, I am not saying that he is unique in this
aspect. But, his translations of all the prasthAnatrayI bhAShyas of
Adisha~Nkara bhagavatpAda into kannaDa (I am using his kannaDa
translation of gItAbhAShya for studying it under a scholar) and his
critical analysis of the various texts of vedAnta have been very
helpful too.

Regards,
Abhishek

--
tasmAttvamuttiShTha yasho labhasva
jitvA shatrUn bhu~NkShva rAjyaM samR^iddham|