[Advaita-l] SrI sUkta for shoDasopachAra

vishwanthan Krishnamoorthy krishvishy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 13 11:42:49 CDT 2006

all kalpokta puja vidhi books uses slokas for the
upachara puja this may be because vedic riks/yajus may
not be used by everyone?

Whereas the tantric puja vidhi stresses the use of
Moola mantra (Moolena nyaset etc...)

My sastrigal uses Purusha sukta for upachara puja

As said earlier, in SiddhiVinayak temple they use
Purusha Sukta along with slokas

I personally feel using the manasa puja slokas of Adi
Sankara satisfying as I replace almost all the
upacharas with akshadhai(abharnarthe akshatham
samarpayami etc..) so in a manner of speaking it is a
manasa puja

also interestingly in Maharashtra, for the mantra
pushpam they do not use "yopam pushpam veda... "

regards
Viswam