[Advaita-l] Age/History of Sankara

Ram Garib garib_ram at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 2 15:28:40 CDT 2006

Namaste Sri B Shridhar:

Actually I have been puzzled by your post.

I do not know how you concluded the earlier poster's
reply on Shankara's dates as critical to kanchi mutt.
I have gone through that post again but could not find
anything critical of kanchi mutt. Can you please be a
little more explicit?

Controversies related to shankara's dates and birth
place are nothing new. Are they? There are genuine
differences of opinion with reasonably reliable
evidences available for different views. Why read
malafide in them?

With regards,
Ram Garib