[Advaita-l] Sankara on "After GYAna" (was Re: BrahmaGYAna and jIvanmukti - 1...)

RAMESH RAMANAN rameshramanan at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 23:01:54 CST 2006

Dear all,

  Thanks for the post. I think this explains why even Sri Abhinava Vidyatheertha Mahaswami says that it is possible for one to fall from spiritual heights even after attaining nirvikalpa samadhi once. He repeatedly says that one ought to continue practising Nirvikalpa samadhi to ensure steady establishment in truth.He also says that he had personally seen a person fall badly after attaining Nirvikalpa Samadhi. I think it is given in the Yoga and Enlightenment book published by Sringeri Shankara matham. Pranaams, Ramesh Ramanan.