[Advaita-l] advaita and vedas

srirudra at vsnl.com srirudra at vsnl.com
Tue May 9 11:04:07 CDT 2006

Dear Sri A.V.Chadha
As long as you have in faith in Chunky alone exists good.If you concentrate/meditate on Chunky and formulate your axioms to establish the existence of Chumky to the sujective satisfaction of the poorvapakshees I think you would be doing a great job.Why we accept the vedas is that it has already gone into the probable questions that the doubting Thomases may pose about the veracity of existence of Brahman and given pramanas like smoke and fire,uniqueness of different species-plant,animals etc and the cosmic intelligence observed.If you are to redo the same in your own way  go ahead only that people may say you are saying the good old things.
As Buddhism questioned the existence of Brahman as told by Vedas Adi Sankara enunciated Advaita philosophy which is very logical and would enable a follower of that to further probe the vedas and arrive at his own conclusions.
Kindly read Brahma sutra and I am sure you will yourself smile at your rediscovery plan so to say.Gravity was there even before Newton enunciated that.But remember it does not work once you are out of earth.Brahman is not a find of Vedas.Vedas only confirm Brahman`s existence and go a step further that It only exists.Are we not experincing this in day to day life?Only that we are not able to appreciate why Brahman acts the way It acts.
R.Krishnamoorthy.