[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Jagannathan Mahadevan

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon May 8 13:15:55 CDT 2006

Dear Moderators of Advaita list,

I am Jagannathan Mahadevan, aged 31, from Dallas, Texas. I am married with
a daughter who just turned 3. I was originally inroduced to this list by
Shri Jayanarayanan (Kartik) who I have known for some time. I am basically
from Chennai in Tamil Nadu and came here to the US for higher education in
1999. We are Smarthas and I was initiated into upakarma when I was 12. Our
family has ties to the Kanchi matha and I have been fortunate to take
blessings and listen to Kanchi Periyaval several times when I was young.
My interest in Advaita Vedanta was spurred when I attended lectures by
Pujya Swami Dayananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam.

Sincerely,
Jagan.