[Advaita-l] apaurusheyatva

Sanjay Varma sanjay.varma.gm at gmail.com
Sun May 7 08:40:04 CDT 2006

> 2. Can we think that each of these saint books was received and necessarily
> filtered by the ahamkara of a human pen-handler ?

that will depend on the state of the pen-handler, remember that the
ahamkara can be completely vaporized.

> 4.      Can we say that the recent saints RAmakrishna, Ramana Maharshi, MA
> AnandamayI all say that we can find God from different religions.

They do, (Sri Ramakrishna not only said but lived it too). What one
should follow is a matter of personal belief. not everybody is born a
paramahamsa. most seekers require a firmly set path, at least
initially.

> 5.      Therefore, the question of  apaurusheyatva could be, - Does Veda the ONLY
> saint book with no human author or is it one amongst others ? –

Every written book has a human pen-handler, but with the vedas they
were never penned down for centuries. (actually, Lord Ganesha is
believed to be the first pen-handler for the vedas - definitely not
human!). Your question was probably to do with the original revelation
not the pen-handling. You'll have an answer to that when you have an
answer to your point #2.