[Advaita-l] Re: source of mAyA?

mwadhwa at uwm.edu mwadhwa at uwm.edu
Wed Mar 29 15:13:28 CST 2006

Thanks a lot Adityaji,

       Well if I would have done the translation I wouldn't have been able to do
so beautifully. I will see if there is any place where something else is needed
to add or has a little different meaning, but I think you did it perfectly
fine. Regarding the poetry rhyme etc. then it was a free verse in hindi even.
      I am sorry to write that in Hindi, but hindi and in fact sanskrit have
their own beauty, well it can be said of all languages, and I know it is there
in all languages, but Hindi appeals to me a lot for the power of expression it
has......so if next time i write in hindi..i will translate it....

      Well Adityaji, you have really done a great job. I am translating just the
last part and would try to make it poetic as much as I can, for in english free
verse needs sometimes old english to create that expression. Any case
adityaji's translation is perfectly fine. I was just trying my hand at
tranlation........

>     bass chalna hi raha...to woh chalte rehna hai hi...
>     na yoga raha...na bhoga raha...bandhan tootne par kise todna hai ab..kaun
>     se bandhan hain ab jo tootne hain...jo hai woh to antar main hai hi..use
>     kis mandir main ja kar dhoondhna hai..dhoondhna to samApt ho gaya.antar
>   main jo mandir hai wahaan jab baith gaye hamesha ke liye to kaun sa mandir,
>     kaun sa haridwaar raha baahar...jab hari ka dwaar bhi andar hi dhoondh
>     liya..to aur kya
>     bass aur kya....

Only the walking remains, then that shouldst continue
neither yoga left, nor bhoga,
what else shouldst thou sever after severing thy bondages
whatever IS, is inside thy innermost being
In which temple wouldst thou seek IT (HIM/HER)
Seeking and searching is over
The temple thou hast inside,
If thou hast taken thy place there forever
then which temple thou dost seek for
which haridwar is left outside,
when thou hast sought Hari's Dwaar (door) inside only
then what else, what else (left) then.....

Well Vishwanathanji, your single What more! has made me write all this...
And adityaji, you can see the effect of mAya, that a single "What more" can
create, but if you can at the same time observe that mAya from a higher
perspective in a deep sleep alongwith full consciousness then it is Advaita and
Brahman or whatever you call it. So there is a whole lot of difference between
your analogy of Brahman and the mass energy....for mass energy is not self
conscious...and can never be...and is inert and insentient...it is like a
"Rock" and "You" at present....rock is in deep sleep but not self conscious...
you become self conscious at times...but can't maintain deep sleep...
when you can be a rock(deep sleep) and conscious at the same time...
then you will be able to understand all that IS.....
then there is action in inaction and inaction in action...and you know that it
is so, non-action...

Pranaams,
Manish

Quoting Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com>:

** Greetings,
**
** Thanks Manish ji
**
** For the benefit of all those who don't understand Hindi.
** I have not been able to preserve the poetic meter and rhyme.
**