[Advaita-l] Re: self-realization/salvation

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 13:28:33 CDT 2006

Namaste,

>As I understand, the destruction of the mind means
>distruction of the
>notional mind or the notions that is I am this or I
am >that or the world
>is separate from me and I am limited etc. and not the
>mind that can
>think objectively; otherwise we would not have any
guru >left to teach
>after he becomes jivan mukta.

Sadanandaji, I agree with you here. If the physical
brain of the guru is destroyed, then the guru will not
be there to teach the disciple. He will be in a brain
dead state. Because the brain is still intact, the
capacity to think remains. The destruction of the mind
is more in the mental arena rather than a physical destruction.