[Advaita-l] Re: A REQUEST FOR GUIDANCE.

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 10:18:56 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 7/19/06, Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:
> In this thread, with respect to different organizations, I would suggest
> different respondents to agree to disagree and leave it at that. Each
> organization addresses different needs felt by different audiences. Each of
> us should decide for ourselves which kind of audience we ourselves fall
> under first, before approaching a guru or getting involved with an
> organization.

I agree, but this does not usually suggest itself to ourselves so
easily. It is only with continued exposure that one can decide.

> If you are in India and are interested in a SAstra-oriented and traditional
> form of study, I would suggest to look for personal guidance from scholars
> within traditional circles. If you fall outside either of the above
> conditions, then you should look further afield.

To add my mite to the above, the traditional circles though they do
not publicise themselves are ever open to all those who are interested
in learning the vedas and vedanta.

Regards,
Abhishek

--
satyena dhAryate pR^ithvi satyena tapate raviH|
satyena vAti vAyushca sarvaM satye pratishThitam||

calA lakShmIshcalAH prANAshcalaM jIvita yauvanaM|
calAcale ca saMsAre dharma eko hi nishcalaH||