[Advaita-l] prapa~ncasAra

S.N. Sastri sn.sastri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 01:44:01 CDT 2006

Ramesh Krishnamurthy" <rkmurthy at gmail.com> wrote on July 2:-
Thanks a lot, Srikanta-ji. I understand that the prapa~ncasAra has a
role in certain upAsanA-s practised at shR~NgerI and other maTha-s.
Could you throw some light on the same?
Ramesh

--

prapa~ncasAra of SrI Sankara with Introduction in English giving a summary
of each chapter by Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodroffe, an authority on

Ramesh Krishnamurthy" <rkmurthy at gmail.com> wrote on July 2:-
Thanks a lot, Srikanta-ji. I understand that the prapa~ncasAra has a
role in certain upAsanA-s practised at shR~NgerI and other maTha-s.
Could you throw some light on the same?
Ramesh

--

prapa~ncasAra of SrI Sankara with Introduction in English giving a summary
of each chapter by Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodroffe, an authority on
Tantra) has been published by Motilal Banarsidass. In the book SrIvidyA
published by Ramakrishna Mission, Chennai, it is stated in the Introduction
in Tamil that prapa~ncasAra is followed in the Sankara maThas for pUjAs.

S.N.Sastri