[Advaita-l] Question: Swadharma

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 00:30:04 CST 2006

Namaste Ramji,

On 1/31/06, Ram Garib <garib_ram at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> I do not think situation is as simple as that. It is in fact easier for a
> foreigner to get a qualified teacher than the one born into the religion
> with wrong credentials. The symbolic status value attached with foreigner
> students is not available in the latter case.

With *humility*  I  would  say there is no religion  with  wrong
credentials.  I  also  doubt the  symbolic  status  of a foreigner.  As
far  as I know  there  is no  Acharya  who has thought on these lines. The
Jagadguru's have never approached interpreting dharma that way and even
Paramacharya of Kanchi. There are many more examples what we can give.
Please go through the Hindu Dharma by Paramacharya, ( where he speaks
elaborately it is also available online) and I also support views of Jaldhar
and Sanjay and opine that it would be better for ourselves to introspect.

Reagards

Prasad Kadambi

--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!