[Advaita-l] Which is better: Devotion or Self-realisation

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:14:01 CST 2006

Pranams:

Definitely Bhakti!

If it wasn't for the bhakta, Sri Ramakrishna, there would not be the jnani
Swami Vivekananda!

When established in the Self, what need is there of the world? When
established in bhakti, the world is an ocean of love and each jiva a spark
of the divine! As is said of Sant Tukaram, he preferred to stay in the
dvaitic state rather than merge in Brahman since his found living as a
bhakta a source for his bountiful and glorious ahangas! Ah, how can one not
embrace such an individual....we, living, in the dvaitic state can but love
and (possibly) understand a bhakta but the jnani is gone far beyond!

Humble pranams, Mahesh