[Advaita-l] Budha & Advaita

Prasad Ramamurthy Kadambi kaupeenavanta at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 07:21:42 CST 2006

Namaste,

On 1/4/06, murali mohan <murali_mohan at yahoo.com> wrote:
. When one reaches Shoonya going beyond the mind then experience of Brahman
comes by default.

If it is so, then Shankara would have spoken on it. I think it would be
difficult to accept the concept of shoonya as we have the karma phalas to be
taken along with us even when we leave this world.

Budha generally avoided talking about things that cannot be described by
words.

How can we conclude ?

  Also the ritualistic portion of Vedas such as in Karma Kanda were meant
> only for Karma Yogis and were never considered compulsory for evolution as
> there are other paths such as for example Bhakti marg, direct enquiry method
> of Ramana Maharshi etc which also leads to the experience of the divine.
> Karma Kanda was prescribed for those interested in material benefits,
> generally for the gross people.

I don't know on what basis you say this. Because Kalpa the manual of rituals
is not written for a particular person. As far as I know except sannyasins
all other ashrams should conduct the rituals according to shruthi's and
smriti's.

I don't think Shankara ever advocated or supported animal sacrifies - I
> think it was he who clarified that what was meant by animal sacrifices in
> Karma Kanda was the killing of one's own animal instincts. Vedas are highly
> cryptic and symbolical and cannot be taken for word meaning and had to be
> interpreted correctly by sages like Shankara. Does anyone know whether
> physical animal sacrifices were ever sanctified in our scriptures?

*Yes* as far as i know it is Sanctified. But acharya's like madhwa has told
that we can use other materials as a substitute and it is also said that
animal sacrifice is vyarjya in kali yug.

If some ignorant people degrade worship to their level of understanding the
> scriptures cannot be made responsible for it.

*Sorry* I did not get to whom you are referring here.

Regards

Prasad Kadambi

--
sada shiva samarambham Shankaracharya madhyamam !

asmadacharya paryantham vande guru paramparam !!