[Advaita-l] Neuroscience - Perspective On Consciousness

Amuthan Arunkumar R aparyap at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jan 2 04:12:18 CST 2006

namo nArAyaNAya!

dear shrI mahesh ursekar,

--- Mahesh Ursekar <mahesh.ursekar_at_gmail_dot_com>
wrote:

> [...] he is
> not well versed with Vedantic thought. Since I do
> not have his book, I am
> not able to ascertain this completely. Can you help
> me?

i've seen dr. ramachandran twice here at iit. during
one of his talks on neuroscience (he's an amazing
speaker who keeps his audience always entertained
:-)), he did devote a large time to certain concepts
from indian philosophy like the 'self', 'the dance of
shiva', 'mAyA' etc. he seemed quite supportive of the
advaitic world view and sort of ended his lecture with
that. from all these, i'm led to believe that he has
more than just a curious interest in advaita.

i've not read the book either and probably shrI
jayanArAyaNan can furnish us more details.

vAsudevaH sarvaM,
aparyAptAmR^itaH.

Amuthan Arunkumar R,
Final year, B.Tech/M.Tech Dual Degree,