[Advaita-l] Manu smriti

Aditya Varun Chadha adichad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 13:06:44 CST 2006

Greetings,

On 2/13/06, Ram Garib <garib_ram at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I believe that shying away from discussing the
> controversial passages of scriptures cannot lead us
> anywhere. Either defending, or attacking manu-- both
> are equally useless. Only honest understanding can
> show us the way.

I agree with you, but I must add that honest analysis and
understanding include the possibility of outright rejection as
"contradicting Shruti". Honest analysis of anything requires that we
atleast keep our mind open to possible refutation of the scripture in
question itself. otherwise the understanding is not really honest.
--
Aditya Varun Chadha
adichad AT gmail.com