[Advaita-l] Shankaracharya of the North

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 18 08:31:01 CST 2006

Dear Sri Krishnadas,

As far as I am aware, the situation remains confused. There continue to be
two separate establishments in the village of Joshimath itself, each
disputing the validity of the other.

Unfortunately, court cases tend to have really long lives in India, for
various reasons. Whether the succession issue in Jyotirmath could have been
or should be decided by a judge in the Indian courts is a different matter
altogether.

Regards,
Vidyasankar