[Advaita-l] Re: bhAgavata purANa

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 06:37:51 CDT 2006

Namaste,
I too have serious doubts regarding the classification of these
purANas. It would work out well within a vaiShNava framework, since
they say viShNu *is* the highest. But among advaitins who follow Adi
Shankara Bhagavtapada's ShaNmata of six devatas, I doubt this
classification will fit into the system.

Anyway, if genuine advaitins have accepted the guNa-based
classification, I would like to know the basis on which they made this
classification.

Regards,
Abhishek