[Advaita-l] 'End' not 'Means'

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 01:30:42 CDT 2006

On 29/04/06, Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I personally dislike Ad Hominem attacks in arguments, they serve
> no real purpose except making things unnecessarily bitter. Here I
> agree with Kadambi ji. Whoever is trying to undermine the argument by
> tainting the arguer's image, please find out what "Ad hominem" means
> and why it is a logical fallacy.

If my statements offended anyone, I unreservedly apologize.

In fact, I apologize to Jaldhar too if my statements offended him,
though I dont think they did.

I sincerely respect Jaldhar for his efforts at understanding the
tradition even while living in a foreign land. What I find problematic
is his bitter opposition to any kind of reinterpretation or reform,
which I believe is because he views the tradition from afar. Please
read through the archives and see the difference between his posts and
those of Vidyasankar, Ramakrishnan or Sanjay Srivastava and you will
see the difference in tone.

dhanyosmi
Ramesh