[Advaita-l] 'End' not 'Means'

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 17:07:20 CDT 2006

On 4/28/06, Ramesh Krishnamurthy <rkmurthy at gmail.com> wrote:

> And what about the Advaitins themselves? By saying that a person
> without access to the Veda could still achieve moksha, the Advaitins
> would surely have ruffled a lot of orthodox feathers. The case of
> Bhatta Bhaskara has already been cited on this list. So are the
> Advaitins, being reformers, bound to fail too?
>
> dhanyosmi
> Ramesh

No. Pretty much every hindu group guarantees that moxa is available
irrespective of access to veda *recitation*.

I suggest that everyone re-read the post Vidyasankar mailed within the
last month on the distinction between the parama-pursuShaartha, namely
mokshha, and social reform with respect to veda *recitation*
tradition. The two are mutually orthogonal in some senses.

Rama