[Advaita-l] Sri Sankara Jayanti

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Apr 25 09:49:19 CDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Sridhar Babu wrote:

>                  || Bhava Sankara Desikame Saranam ||
>
> Om Namah Shivaya all advaitins
>
> Most Important Date of the Year is about to arrive ...
>
> Sri Adi Shankaracharya Jayanti (May 13, 2006).

As other posters have mentioned, Shankaracharya Jayanti is Vaishakha
Shukla 5, i.e. May 2.  May 13, is Vaishakha Purnima.

As for the most important date, I would say that would be Ashadha Purnima
or as it is more popularly known, Guru Purnima (July 11 this year.)  On
Guru Purnima, we pay our respects to the entire Guru Parampara from
Shriman Narayana, including Shankaracharya, up to the present day.