[Advaita-l] Women and Vedas

Ger Koekkoek gerkoekkoek at wanadoo.nl
Wed Apr 5 18:19:52 CDT 2006

A few days ago I wrote that in the ideas around Maya (and the Supreme Truth
or Brahman) there is a pearl in your tradition. It would be a good thing
when somewhere in future this ideas will become the centre of science in the
way the number 0 became the worldwide centre of all mathematics. (This
number was an Indian idea also.) Here you have an important thing to do that
even could save the world from a too early selfdistruction!
(Without a philosophy that is at one hand strong and firm and at the other
hand is open, free and completely transcendental, and above all, is also
true, the world goes down in all kinds of different ideas and all kinds of
wildgroing sorts of agression. Science until now was very succesfull in many
ways, but for this problem it has no answer at all!)
But when I read in this mailbox about women and tradition, well, there you
can learn something from the west. Many of the best talks I had about
adwaita was with a woman with a very sharp intelligence and a very awake
alertness, and a very good heart.  And that are the qualities that are
needed, it has nothing to do with gender. And if your tradition sais
something different in this matter, well, this time your tradition is wrong!
With greetings,
Ger