[Advaita-l] Women and Vedas

m w all_discussions at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 2 12:55:36 CDT 2006

If it is still a question for the harbingers of advaita "if women or not/ if anyone or not" then it still seems such a pity. In all the universes of universes...anyone from anyone to anyone can study anything....Vedas or such scriptures are not exceptions...
         Regarding a formal answer to the question, instead of a rebellious one as i have to be...for you try to bind truth and it can never be done so...>>women can not see truth...some caste classifications can't see truth...Ah! such an ache and such a pity.....
        read the upanishads again..and you will find women getting self-knowledge....quote the names....and you will find many...
         what is a sudra dear friends...it is again a pity that we still didn't budge an iota even after reading all these scriptures...sudra is the one who is at the lowest rung on the ladder of consciousness and you never know who is a sudra and who is a brahmin only until you can see their level of understanding and consciousness...and anyone can reach anywhere....all other caste classifications are foolish..for it is the matter of self-knowledge and you are still trying to bind it in shakles of caste/creed or color...Self-knowledge is to remove bondages and shakles or any attachments and if you are still wailing in such a mire then it is high time to come out of it... Even words are such a great bondage...so what if someone said that women can't have self-knowledge...can we use our own intelligence to come to the answer ever....self is found only by self...no other way....
         This is the reason God shines through our intelligence..and to use it and channelize it and let that purity shine through is our responsibility... and not to impure it with such thoughts that are alien to our own intellects and consciences....
          Read thy scriptures..read yoga vasishtha and you will find that ..
  there are liberated ones among animals and fools among even gods.....
           Also you will find...
  throw away all that is unwise even if some wise one has said that and accept that which is wise even if told by a child....i think there is a good understanding in such a saying...
  You may find something like this on the topic of sudras in the lectures of swami vivekananda... He is a great authority...maybe he will answer better
  He used to pity such things if they were found in the bhashyas of shankaracharya...
  interpretations are nonetheless poisonous sometimes.....

  Pranaams
  -manish