[Advaita-l] Some questions on Advaita Vedanta and Smartism

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 17:12:31 CST 2005

 I should agree with shrI Jaldhar on the issue of
linga.

In the Shiva Purana it is clearly mentioned that the
linga is actually Shiva's penis. It narrates the story
behind it starting with the incident in the dArukavana
(dAruka forest).

Linga isnt generally worshipped without a Yoni.

If Linga means only mark or type then what about Yoni?
Should we not come up with a matching alternative
explanation for Yoni?

Other than the Shiva Purana there is a lot of
vAmAchAra material which confirms that linga is penis.