[Advaita-l] A lost Vedic ritual is brought alive

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:31:22 CST 2005

Pranams:
 Since you do not wish to continue this thread very much longer, I will try
and make this my last post on this thread to you. I will address your points
in the light of of the Kabir vakya so that my original reason for it becomes
clearer...
 My observation is that we only worry about these people (who mostly belong
to the lower strata of society) when they get go in for "conversion". The
very fact that they wish to convert is that they feel that by doing so they
will find an avenue for relief from their miserable condition (be it
physical or spiritual). And who has allowed them to be in that condition?
You and me (if not you, I know for sure I have some hand in it). Do I ever
read a full article on the condition of adivasis, for example, in the paper
or am I busy chasing after the editorial for "more important" matters? Do I
spend time working with the underprivelged or am I more busy with making my
career? It is we, as Hindus, who have failed the converts rather than the
Christians who have succeeded. On long reflection I have found that it is no
use complaining about the ills of society if you sit back and do nothing
about it. If you feel society should be better, show it a way to do so and
don't complain...that's the easy part!
 And about the Mughal invasion. The Manduya Upanishad which I am studying
right now, points out that the Virat and Visa is the same. What happens in
the Visva is reflected in the Virat and viceversa. In this light, there are
two ways of looking at this:
> as humans (visva) go thru trials and tribulations in their lives, so does
the country (virat). It is a phase and one comes out stronger by means of it
> the virat thinking of the country had come to such a level that it was
inviting an assault by another people. I have forgotten my pre-mughal
history so cannot give you an exact example but was the country disunited
with small kingdoms fighting among themselves waiting to be walloped by a
more united one?
So, the Mandukya's equivalence points to the same Kabir vakya when you
equate the Virat and the visva as one.
 I will end with a Buddhist phrase (which incidently is in perfect harmony
with Advaita):
 "Everything is perfect, but could do with a lot of improvement!"
 So, see the perfection! Thou are That! Thou art perfect! And so is the
world! That is realization!
 Humble pranams, Mahesh