[Advaita-l] Logic and shastra

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 09:11:20 CDT 2005

Pranams:
 But that is exactly what I am trying to point out. When you say:
 >> he comes down to the level of the observer to teach
 there needs to be a second observer. But, in all the examples I have given
in this thread, there was no other observer. These feelings that the
'realized soul' had were told to the observer after they occured. While they
occured, there was no one else but the guru. And in each case, the said
person had already acheived realization when they happenend. As far as I can
tell, these are afflictions that one needs to get rid of on the path to
realization and should not be present after realization. Why did Swamiji
opine that he would not be able to control his anger? Why did Sri
Ramakrishna harbour a desire to have disciples? What am I missing?
 Humble pranams, Mahesh